Monday, July 19, 2010

He's Done It Again. Nick Jacoby (and Friends) Cracked the Ginter Code!!!


If you're thinking of doing this now, I'm sorry to say this, but you're too late!!!

Okay, so once again, I haven't bought any of this year's edition of Topps' Allen & Ginter product yet. I will still wait and buy a full set of Allen & Ginter off the Bay, SP's and all. And looking at the prices that these sets are commanding this year, I don't think I'll have a problem buying one soon.

Especially, since the code has been cracked.

What??!

The Ginter Code has been cracked.

Please repeat?


Exactly...it's a repeat. Nick Jacoby of Cardboard Overload, the guy who was featured in this year's A & G set now has a place reserved in next year's set. Why??? Because..

THE GINTER CODE HAS BEEN CRACKED!!!

What was first announced as a possibility on the Freedom Cardboard (to the shock, dismay, and disbelief of the members of said board), has now become a reality. Jacoby, with the help of some friends, cracked this year's Ginter code. Amazing, considering that there were no cards that would (initially) help in cracking the code. And you had to take some initiative just to get the code in the first place.

Topps really set the bar high for this one, and even though he initially thought he wasn't going to be the first to send in his answer (happy birthday to Shin-Soo Choo by the way), he was notified over the weekend that indeed, he was the first to send his response.

Congratulations once again Nick. When I do get my set, I will ask for an extra Jacoby card so I can have you sign it.

Sincerely,

JayBee Anama

No comments: